Meet Our Experts
I am a Consultant Dermatologist based at Northampton General Hospital, Northampton, United Kingdom.
I qualified from the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos, Nigeria in the year 2002. I trained in Dermatology in Wales and Birmingham (England), United Kingdom. I undertook a subspecialty training at the Birmingham Children’s Hospital in Paediatric Dermatology.
I have extensive general dermatology experience in skin surgery, laser treatment (children and adults), chemical peels in some conditions and botox injections for excessive sweating ; diagnosis and management of eczema, psoriasis, acne, skin cancers, hair loss and nail problems.
- Tutor and Examiner in Diploma in Dermatology, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Academic Supervisor, MSc Dermatology, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
- Registered GMC Dermatology Specialist
- Member British Association of Dermatologists
- Member Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- Member European Association of Dermatologists and Venerologists (EADV)
- Member British Medical Association (BMA)
Mr Phillip Ameerally
Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Primary specialty:
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
Head and neck surgery.
- Clinical interests:
Head and neck cancer
Head and neck reconstruction including micro-vascular surgery
Skin cancer surgery
Facial plastic surgery
Salivary gland surgery
Treatment of drooling
Mr Ameerally is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Northampton General Hospital. He is a head and neck surgeon with a special interest in head and neck cancer surgery including reconstructive surgery, skin cancer surgery, facial plastic surgery and salivary gland surgery.
Mr Ameerally is a member of both the Head and Neck cancer multidisciplinary team and the skin cancer multidisciplinary team at Northampton General hospital.
Mr Ameerally obtained additional specialist training in reconstructive surgery and facial reanimation during overseas fellowships to the plastic surgery department, Chang Gung Hospital, Taipei Taiwan and the Head and Neck Unit, Amrita Hospital, Cochin, Kerala.
Mr Ameerally sees private patients at the BMI Three Shires hospital in Northampton and the Woodland hospital , Kettering. He also sees patients in Danetre Hospital, and spends the rest of his NHS time at Northampton General Hospital.
- Oct 2006 – Royal College of Surgeons of England: Maxillofacial Surgery : FRCS RCS
- Aug 1998 – Royal College of Surgeons of England: Fellowship Dental Surgery : FDS RCS
- Oct 1994 – Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust: Medicine : MBBS (HONS)
- Oct 1992 – Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust: Dentistry : BDS
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists